“Graciela had a great presentation.”
“Excellent workshop. I’ll be sharing it with my friends.”
The feedback from the first of many women veterans employment benefits workshops has been stellar. In partnership with Veterans Connect at the Library, CalTAP and the CalVet Women Veterans Division, these workshops have helped women veterans in California find the tools needed to gain employment and discover benefits that may be available to them due to their service.
The results are clear:
“I am very satisfied with the information presented. I didn’t know about these state benefits offered. I am very pleased and planning to utilize LEAP, Vets ranking, and disability leave.”
Not only are veterans learning about benefits in the workplace, but these workshops provide guidance on resume writing, job searches and job interview skills through guest speakers, employers, and community partners.
You can join the next workshop on Wednesday, April 25th at the Pleasanton Public Library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This upcoming workshop will feature an engaging, dynamic presentation on “Authentic Personal Branding for Military Veterans” from Air Force veteran and award-winning author, Graciela Tiscareno-Sato. During this highly interactive workshop, veterans learn key self-marketing skills and how to draw from their military experiences to create a personal statement about themselves. Graciela also gives tips on informational interviews and developing mentor networks. For more information about Graciela, visit: https://about.me/gracielaTSato.
APRIL 25 – PLEASANTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Join CalVet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pleasanton Public Library (400 Old Bernal Ave. in Pleasanton) for a day of employment resources, presentations, resources and talks from CalVet Deputy Secretary Lindsey Sin and Air Force veteran and award-winning author Graciela Tiscareño-Sato.
- Learn what a personal brand means through examples of great personal branding.
- Draw upon your military experiences to create a compelling brand statement.
- Identify the most important target audience(s) you need to motivate.
- Learn must-know marketing principles to position yourself as the “must-have” candidate in your job search, college/grad school application, or promotion push.
- Understand what not to say to a potential employer, admissions counselor, etc.
- Practice introducing yourself in an authentic, memorable way to showcase your accomplishments without arrogance.
- Learn valuable communication skills to apply throughout your professional life.
This free event includes an employment panel, presentations, hands-on training, and development. Lunch is included.
Additional workshops are scheduled for Saturday, June 16, at the Siskiyou County Library and Saturday, July 21, at the Mammoth Lakes Branch Library.
For more information about the workshops, please call 916-653-1402 or email email@example.com.
These workshops are open to women who are serving in the armed forces or who have served.