You’re probably familiar with the GI Bill, home loans and healthcare benefits available for veterans. But what about education benefits for your children, career counseling and property tax exemptions?
If you are an honorably discharged veteran, you have earned valuable benefits for you and your family.
County Veterans Service Officers (CVSOs) can help you determine which local, state and federal benefits you are eligible for. They can help veterans and their families with filing claims and also provide information and referrals to other agencies.
You can find CVSO assistance in almost every county and the best part is that it’s a free service. Here are just some of the lesser known benefits you may be able to tap into.
- long-term care
- pension or disability compensation
- vocational rehabilitation and employment services
- college fee waiver for children of service-connected disabled veterans in California
- business license tax and fee waivers
- fishing and hunting licenses
- motor vehicle registration fee waivers
- discharge upgrade and correction of military records
- vocational rehabilitation
- death benefits
To find the CVSO closest to you, visit our website.
You can also find more information in our California Veterans Resource Book.