The Veterans Home of California – Fresno provides care for aging veterans. ValleyPBS recently visited the state of the art facility and met with two residents who served in the United States Navy during WWII. Gordon Scott of Kingsburg and Elsa Barry of Fresno both moved into the Veterans Home in 2017. Stories of Service: Veterans Home – Fresno, a 7- minute video, will air through September.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- BATTLE OF LEYTE GULF, 76 YEARS AGO THIS WEEK, DECIMATED JAPANESE NAVY IN WORLD WAR II
- FIFTY-EIGHT YEARS AGO TODAY, JFK TELLS AMERICANS OF SOVIET NUCLEAR ARMS IN CUBA
- CALVET TO HONOR WOMEN VETERANS WITH TRAILBLAZER AWARDS IN VIRTUAL EVENT
- ‘MAKE YOUR BED,’ OTHER LIFE LESSONS FROM ADMIRAL HIT HOME WITH VETERANS IN VENTURA
- CALVET’S RESPECT FOR LATINO VETERANS ETCHED IN STONE