The Veterans Home of California – Fresno provides care for aging veterans. ValleyPBS recently visited the state of the art facility and met with two residents who served in the United States Navy during WWII. Gordon Scott of Kingsburg and Elsa Barry of Fresno both moved into the Veterans Home in 2017. Stories of Service: Veterans Home – Fresno, a 7- minute video, will air through September.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- ‘… ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND’ GAVE U.S. THE LEAD IN THE SPACE RACE 52 YEARS AGO TODAY
- PASSION, DUTY, AND A LABOR OF LOVE: HELPING VETERANS AT CALVET IS ALL OF THE ABOVE
- HAPPY 245th BIRTHDAY TO ‘US’, AND OTHER STUFF THAT HAPPENED ON OTHER FOURTHS
- WORLD WAR I BEGAN ON JUNE 28 107 YEARS AGO AND ENDED, OFFICIALLY, EXACTLY FIVE YEARS LATER
- KOREAN WAR BEGAN 71 YEARS AGO TODAY: FIVE MONTHS LATER, CALIFORNIA’S KURT CHEW-EEN LEE PROVIDED UNIMAGINABLE HEROICS