The Veterans Home of California – Fresno provides care for aging veterans. ValleyPBS recently visited the state of the art facility and met with two residents who served in the United States Navy during WWII. Gordon Scott of Kingsburg and Elsa Barry of Fresno both moved into the Veterans Home in 2017. Stories of Service: Veterans Home – Fresno, a 7- minute video, will air through September.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- CALVET WEBINAR TO FOCUS ON EDUCATING VETERANS SERVICE PROVIDERS IN OUTREACH TO NATIVE AMERICAN VETERANS IN CALIFORNIA
- KING’S CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT INVOLVED MANY TRIPS TO CALIFORNIA
- NEW LAWS ON THE BOOKS TO BENEFIT CALIFORNIA VETERANS, FAMILIES
- HOW A MISTAKEN HOTLINE CALL IN THE COLD WAR ERA PUT SANTA CLAUS ON GOVERNMENT’S RADAR
- IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS: KOREAN WAR VETERAN FINDS HIS BLISS AT VENTURA VETERANS HOME