The Veterans Home of California – Fresno provides care for aging veterans. ValleyPBS recently visited the state of the art facility and met with two residents who served in the United States Navy during WWII. Gordon Scott of Kingsburg and Elsa Barry of Fresno both moved into the Veterans Home in 2017. Stories of Service: Veterans Home – Fresno, a 7- minute video, will air through September.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Love – the lighter side of service, or how Cupid will find you no matter where you are
- Once ‘Hidden Figures,” African American women now very visible in space program
- Montford Point Marines fought a two-front war: the enemy abroad, prejudice at home
- Medal of Honor recipient from California gave his life to save others in Vietnam 53 years ago today
- CalVet Secretary Imbasciani reappointed by Governor Newsom, will continue to lead agency dedicated to helping veterans