The Veterans Home of California – Fresno provides care for aging veterans. ValleyPBS recently visited the state of the art facility and met with two residents who served in the United States Navy during WWII. Gordon Scott of Kingsburg and Elsa Barry of Fresno both moved into the Veterans Home in 2017. Stories of Service: Veterans Home – Fresno, a 7- minute video, will air through September.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Commander backs LGBTQ troops serving in CA National Guard
- Memories of D-Day and beyond: Veterans Home resident got there early, stayed late
- Landmark riot launches LGBTQ movement. Fifty years of activism leads to LGBTQ Veterans Inclusion Forum.
- CalVet co-sponsoring Tribal Veteran Advocate training in Coarsegold
- CalVet Secretary to speak at blessing of statue honoring American Indians and Alaska Natives on Memorial Day